Riverview Dental Implants
At Inspiration Dental, our Riverview dentist, Dr. Janis Milne, provides the latest restorative and cosmetic dentistry techniques, including dental implants. If you’re missing one or more teeth, implants are often the best tooth replacement option. Learn more about Riverview dental implants, and be sure to visit our smile gallery to view some before-and-after photos of the results enjoyed by our patients.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of titanium that serve as anchors for replacement teeth. They allow for permanent tooth replacement to restore your smile, speech, and chewing abilities.
Advantages of Dental Implants
You have many cosmetic dentistry options for restoring lost teeth. Here’s why Riverview dental implants may be most suitable for you:
- Permanent: Dental implants are not removable. This eliminates the embarrassment and hassle of dentures. Expect your implants to last for many years, even a lifetime with proper care.
- Comfortable: You won’t be able to tell the difference between your natural teeth and your dental implants. There’s no shifting or slipping as with traditional dentures, which makes chewing and speaking feel completely comfortable.
- Natural appearance: It’s nearly impossible to distinguish a dental implant from a natural tooth, meaning you can smile with confidence.
- Convenient: Unlike dentures, there’s no need for nightly cleanings, messy adhesive, or fearing your false teeth will fall out while you eat.
The Dental Implant Process
The possibility of restoring your smile with dental implants may excite you. Before you visit our Riverview dentist office, learn more about what the process entails:
- Initial consultation: The first step is to meet with our dentist in Riverview to discuss your tooth replacement options. A dental exam reveals whether you’re a good candidate for dental implants. You should have healthy gums and sufficient bone mass in your jaw to support the implants.
- Tooth root implants: Dr. Milne surgically implants a titanium screw to serve as the anchor for your replacement tooth.
- Healing time: It takes three to six months for the titanium screw to completely fuse with your jaw bone. This is your time to recover and anticipate the completion of your Riverview dental implants.
- Replacement tooth fitting: Once you heal, return to our Riverview dentist office to complete the process. First, we make impressions of your teeth to model your bite. This allows us to craft a perfectly sized and shaped replacement tooth, called a crown. We also color match the crown to the rest of your teeth to create a natural appearance. We attach a small connector post called an abutment to the titanium root and adhere the crown to this post. When we’re done, your new tooth will look, feel, and function the same as your natural teeth.
Schedule a Dental Exam in Riverview to Get Started
Interested in determining your eligibility for dental implants? If so, schedule a dental exam in Riverview today get started! Simply call Inspiration Dental at 813-677-1200 or set your appointment online.